Our team takes pride in its ability to work with groups on a variety of leadership development topics, group dynamics concepts, team building activities, and confidence course modules. With a large variety of mobile equipment and highly skilled and knowledgeable team of professional facilitators, the Department of Leadership & Experiential Learning is able to provide any group at any age or ability level with a powerful experience to help engage and improve your team’s aptitude, interactivity, and execution of virtually any task.
Each of our programs is custom designed to the needs and desired learning outcomes of a specific group. Our professional staff takes the time to understand the goals and challenges that are unique to each group and is dedicated to designing a highly interactive and intentional experience that meets your needs. All of our experiences are rooted in the concept of experiential education, a learn-by-doing philosophy, which creates opportunities for development and interactive learning for all participants.
What We Offer
Below is a small sample of some of our offerings:
- Full and half day leadership retreats
- Full and half day team building/bonding retreats
- Team Building and Group Dynamics sessions
- Portable Low Ropes / Confidence Course
- Topic Specific Workshops
- Innovation and Creativity
- Public Speaking / Story Telling
- Diversity Awareness and Social Justice Training
- Leadership Styles Classes
- Time Management / Priority Management
- Goal Setting
- SWOT Analysis
- Values Workshops
- Digital Leadership
- Conflict Management
- Train the Trainer / Facilitation 101
- Marketing and Branding
- Identity Development
- Delegation / Ownership / Authorship
- Authentic and Adaptable Leadership
- Fear and Failure
Leadership & Experiential Learning boasts several facilitators who are nationally certified in a variety of widely recognized personality assessment tools such as:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- DiSC Inventory
- True Colors
- Insight Learning Personality Instrument
- Leadership Practices Inventory
- Group Dynamics Simulations
- The Marshmallow Challenge™
- Crucial Conversations™ – Conflict Resolution
- Tall Ships™ – Team Effectiveness
- Mars Rover™ – Team Effectiveness
- Star Power™ – Diversity and Power Simulation
- The Power of Leadership™ – Change Management & Problem Solving Simulation
- Colourblind™ – Communication & Team Building Kit
- Where Do You Draw the Line™ – Ethics Simulator
- BaFa BaFa – Diversity Cross Cultural Simulation
- The Rain Forest Game – Collaboration Experience
Our team believes that small kernels of leadership can inspire grand ideas. Pop-Up Leadership aims to provide quick tools and tips that may serve as training tools in honing the leadership skills of Rutgers students. While offering a combination of interesting leadership perspectives and innovative ideas, we believe that Pop-Up Leadership will help students realize the endless value that leadership tools and critical analysis can provide for their collegiate career and future.
This tri-fold leadership program engages students on and off campus in a variety of ways. Through on campus tabling workshops, our leadership team engages students in thought provoking dialogue while also encouraging them to offer their own opinions and perspectives related to modern forms of leadership and relevant issues.
Our team building experts get students moving and strategizing across campus through interactive, teambuilding challenges, designed to promote critical thinking and teamwork among the student body.
Students can also find the latest leadership knowledge on the web. Tune in to our original Pop-Up Webisodes where our leadership team takes a different spin on digital identity and branding tips and tricks. Students can also catch up on workshop materials with our weekly blog entries here.