Our Annual LEGACY Awards Ceremony and Banquet recognizes high achieving leadership within Leadership and Experiential Learning and throughout Rutgers University! Students who are recognized with these awards will receive graduation regalia and acknowledgement at the LEGACY Awards Ceremony. Information about requirements for each award are listed under the tabs below.
Questions about the awards can be emailed to email@example.com.
- At least 25 points
- At least 1 item in each tier
- Juniors and Seniors with at least a 2.75 GPA
- *Transfer students may use previous experiences for up to 13 points
- Must submit Transcript & complete Application to be considered
Each worth 1 point per year you do it:
- Attendance at Leadership Events – Mark Conference, Real Talk, etc
- Alt Break Participant
- Retreat Participant – Camp UKnight, ILS, Next Level, etc.
- Discovery Program participant
- Leadership Living Learning Community
Each position/experience worth 3 points credited for overall involvement, not per year:
- First-year Fellow
- Seeking Success
- SWAT for Mark Conference
- External leadership involvement – OL, RA, E-board, RHA, Greek Leader, RUPA Director, DM Captain/Director, RUSA, etc.
- Note: 3 points per position not per year
- PLM/Peer Mentor for LLLC
Each worth 5 points per year you do it:
- LEx Leadership Intern
- LEx Mark Captain
- LEx Camp UKnight Leader
- LEx Discovery Program Leader
- LEx Alt Break Leader / RUAB Exec
- Honor Society Recognition – Cap & Skull, Greek Honor Society
- Innovative Leadership Initiative *Explain in Transcript – Through your major, extra curricular, etc.
One Degree Award
Leadership & Experiential Learning recognizes one student each year who has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has positively impacted the campus community through their involvement, attitude, diligence, leadership, and influence. This award is given to a student leader whose commitment resulted in an organization or activity attaining a new level of achievement, not possible without the student’s contribution.
*Students will be nominated and must have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify.
Past Award Winners:
2015 – 2016: Melissa MacCollum, SMLR’17
2016 – 2017: Steph Arronis, SAS’17 & EJB’17
The LEGACY Award
The LEGACY Award is a specialty award that is not awarded annually. This award is presented under special circumstances and with great specificity. This honor is presented to a Rutgers Alumni and former LEx Leader whose contributions to Leadership & Experiential Learning were such that their LEGACY is still being felt years after their departure from the University. The LEGACY Award is the highest honor able to be bestowed upon LEx Leaders past, present, and future, recognizing the extraordinary effort it takes to leave an organization far better than you found it.
Past Award Winners:
2017: Kwame Phillips, EJB’15