Be recognized for your leadership within Rutgers University and the Leadership and Experiential Learning department through our annual awards! Students who receive these awards will receive graduation regalia and recognition at our banquet at the end of the year. Information about the requirements for each award are listed under the tabs to the left.
Questions about the awards can be emailed to email@example.com.
- At least 25 points
- At least 1 item in each tier
- Juniors and Seniors with at least a 2.75 GPA
- *Transfer students may use previous experiences for up to 13 points
- Must submit Transcript & complete Application to be considered
Each worth 1 point per year you do it:
- Attendance at Leadership Events – Mark Conference, Real Talk, etc
- Alt Break Participant
- Retreat Participant – Camp UKnight, ILS, Next Level, etc.
- Discovery Program participant
- Leadership Living Learning Community
Each position/experience worth 3 points credited for overall involvement, not per year:
- First-year Fellow
- Seeking Success
- SWAT for Mark Conference
- External leadership involvement – OL, RA, E-board, RHA, Greek Leader, RUPA Director, DM Captain/Director, RUSA, etc.
- Note: 3 points per position not per year
- PLM/Peer Mentor for LLLC
Each worth 5 points per year you do it:
- LEx Leadership Intern
- LEx Mark Captain
- LEx Camp UKnight Leader
- LEx Discovery Program Leader
- LEx Alt Break Leader / RUAB Exec
- Honor Society Recognition – Cap & Skull, Greek Honor Society
- Innovative Leadership Initiative *Explain in Transcript – Through your major, extra curricular, etc.
One Degree Award
The Department of Leadership & Experiential Learning recognizes a student who has gone above and beyond the call of duty, and has positively impacted the campus community through his or her involvement, attitude, diligence, leadership, and influence. This award is given to a student leader whose commitment resulted in an organization or activity attaining a new level of achievement, not possible without the student’s contribution.
*Students will be nominated and must have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify.